Wednesday 10 August 2011

Passed!

It is with great relief that I can tell you that I have officially passed the UK driving test and my new license will arrive shortly.  We are allowed to drive for 12 months on our US license so I wanted to go ahead and get this out of the way.  This is no small feat as the test is considerably more arduous than the US variety.  Of course, there is the overriding fear of failure/humiliation of not passing as an adult as well.  Only my immediate family knew about the test -- I didn't need any more pressure!  National average is about a 40% pass rate (albeit largely consisting of teens learning to drive manual transmissions cars).  Phew!  [chuckle all you want -- those that have gone through it know.  We've been taking lessons and everything.]

No update from the weekend as we didn't head out.  The kids were campaigning for a weekend off so I gave in.  We did have a nice dinner with another set of friends (we hosted).  This is Nicole's best friend and the mom is a power player at RR so she and Kuk have plenty in common.  Looks like a good fit all around.

Crazy, crazy week.  We head to Ireland on Friday (yeah!) for a week.  When we get back I have to turnaround and fly to Seattle for a quick business trip (fly out on a Monday and back on Wednesday/Thursday).  Major jet lag I imagine.  I'm seriously scrambling to pull the presentations for the trip together but I foresee having to head into the office the Sunday before the trip to pull it all together . . .

So, it might be awhile before you get another update.  Sorry no pics for this one.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Steve. When does Kuk take the test?

    Maybe we will see you guys in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's not been as aggressive as I have and still needs to take the theory test first; next month sometime I believe.

    ReplyDelete